Your GXS app will alert you when security vulnerabilities are detected.
To continue using your GXS app, you’ll need to remove these vulnerabilities.
Here are the steps to remove the identified apps
For Android phone users:
- Tap and hold on the app icon.
- Drag the app icon to the ‘uninstall’ section at the top of the screen.
- If you don’t see an ‘uninstall’ option, go to app info’ and tap on ‘uninstall’.
- Tap OK when the uninstall confirmation pops up.
To remove the app from your settings :
- Go to your phone's settings and tap apps.
- Select the app you want to remove.
- An option to disable or uninstall the app will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select the appropriate option and confirm the removal.
For Apple/iPhone users:
- Tap and hold on the app icon in the home screen.
- Tap ‘remove app’.
- Select 'delete app’.
To delete an app from the app library :
- Touch and hold the app icon in the app library.
- Tap ‘delete app’.
If you prefer to disable the remote access entirely, here are some steps
For Android phone users
- Tap on settings
- Select ‘security’ or ‘security & location’
- Turn off the ‘remote access’ option.
If the option for ‘remote access’ is greyed out or unavailable, you may be using a third party security app that has remote access enabled. You can disable remote access from the settings of the identified third party app.
Note: The steps outlined above are the most common steps to remove malicious apps from devices. Do refer to your user guide if you encounter any difficulties or variations depending on your specific device model.
Re-launch the GXS app after you have successfully removed the affected app(s). You are good to go!