My loved one has passed. How can I manage their account?
Losing a loved one is not easy. Please reach out to us for guidance on how to manage your loved one’s GXS account. These are the steps you can take:
- Apply for the legal documents to manage their account
- Request for their asset information (optional)
- Request to close their account
Getting the right legal documents depends on whether your loved one has left a will
- If your loved one has left a will, and you are appointed in the will as the Executor of the estate, apply for a Grant of Probate.
- If you are not able to find a will, or you know that your loved one has not left a will, apply for a Grant of Letters of Administration. You may wish to engage a lawyer to help you with the application.
- Both Grants are court orders that will allow for the administration of your loved one’s estate.
- For an estate worth under S$3 million, you can apply to the Family Justice Court. For an estate worth over S$3 million, apply to the Family Division of the High Court.
- If your loved one’s estate is worth less than S$50,000, with or without a will, you may consider applying to the Public Trustee. The Public Trustee’s Office may assist with the distribution of the assets without a Grant.
To request for your kin’s asset information, please submit these documents to us:
- Digital death certificate from the My Legacy portal
- Identity document of notifier or personal representative
- Proof of relationship (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate)
- Originating Summons for Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration
To close your loved one’s account, please submit the following:
- Death certificate of your loved one (e.g. digital death certificate from the My Legacy portal)
- Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration
- Identity document of Executor or Administrator of the estate, as named in the Grant
- Proof of bank account details (to release the kin’s funds)
Note: If you are submitting copies of original documents, please ensure that the copies are certified true copies of original documents by a Notary Public or a practising Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
- You can submit digital copies to:
GXS Customer Support Email: email@example.com
- Or send physical copies to GXS at:
GXS Bank Pte. Ltd.
3 Media Close
#09-03, Grab HQ @ One-North